Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Perfect Weekend

I'm a bit sad right now as the weekend is coming to an end. We had such a nice few days... the perfect mix of family and couple time. Friday night we had a babysitter for the kids and Leif and I had a really nice dinner at a local steakhouse - Jaks. It was nice for us to get away and just spend the night talking, dare I say romantic even!! :-)

On Saturday, Leif took Christian to do some boy stuff - change the oil in the car, and then the two of them went swimming at the gym. Campbelle and I did girl stuff all morning... shopping, shopping and more shopping. She was so good and she even helped me pick out a new purse ... she gave suggestions on which ones, according to her, were 'high fashion.' The rest of Saturday was spent playing games and relaxing.

Sunday afternoon we celebrated our neighbor Jack's 3rd birthday at the Children's Museum. Campbelle's favorite place to play is the stage, where she preformed her own rendition of The Nutcracker (Campbelle, Farmor and myself are going to the ballet in Norway in few weeks and it is pretty much all she thinks about). Christian loves the workshop, and a two year old (or soon to be 2) wielding a hammer always makes for an interesting time.

And tonight... cozying up to the fire and staying dry from all the Seattle rain.... a great ending to a nice weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

Seneca will be so envious of you guys going to the "Nutcracker". She is taking dance this year and practices her turns, bows, etc. She wants to be a "ballerina" I am also envious......that has been a dream of mine since I was little!!! Some day.......

4:53 AM  
Blogger jilldaisbrenne said...

I have never been before either... so I'm really looking forward to it as well.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home