Monday, October 13, 2008

Book Club

Campbelle’s been a bit jealous of my book club for a while now, but even more so since I hosted mine a few weeks ago.  The other day she was playing so quietly in her room for so long that my suspicions were raised.  Upon investigating, I found her having her own little book club.  Each doll had a different ‘A to Z Mysteries’ chapter book and were solving the mysteries together.

IMG_0040

My book club book is reading a beautifully written book by Jhumpa Lahiri this month, Unaccustomed Earth.  It is a collection of short stories that revolve around Bengali characters who immigrated to American and their American-born children, who while conscious of and self-conscious about their parents' old-world habits, vigorously reject them in favor of American lifestyles and partners.  So if you are looking for something to read, check it out. 

24472130

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home