Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. We had 8 of our friends (plus 4 kids) over for turkey and all the fixings! All turned out really well, I'm always glad that Gina is here to help me and basically be the kitchen manager. She was in charge of desserts again and had fabulous pumpkin cheesecake, pecan pie and of course nut pudding.

Leif got a little surprise gift with an electric knife to use this year.... how marvelously he can carve a turkey now!

We are so thankful for all we have... I read a neat passage in my Simple Abundance book yesterday that I really liked and want to share with all of you: "We have so much for which to be thankful. So much about which to smile, so much to share. So much, that in this season of plenty, we can embrace the season of relinquishment. All we have is all we need. But give us, we pray, but one more thing. The gift of grateful hearts. Hearts that will not forget what You have done."

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope that this feeling of abundance and plenty carry us through the rest of the holiday season. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home