Friday, March 16, 2007

4th Birthday preparations

We are 6 weeks out from Campbelle's birthday and the discussion around it has picked up dramatically (I can't really say that talk has just plain 'started' because she's been talking about turning 4 since the day after she turned 3).

Anyway, the rule in the Brenne household will be that birthday celebrations will alternate every other year... one year will be a big party with family and friends (i.e. her 3rd birthday was at the Children's museum with 15 of her buddies and grandparents) and the next year will be a more low key, family only birthday.

The idea of this upcoming birthday being a family only birthday did not sit well with Campbelle. Finally, I convinced her that she will still have a cake, she will get some presents, there will be balloons and whatever paper plates she picks out... I think she finally understood that it would still seem like her birthday and not just a regular day.

So today, I watch her pretend to write letters to all of her friends. Each letter stated the same thing:

"Dear Cameron, I'm sorry but you can not come to my birthday party this year. Maybe I can see you at my 5th birthday party. Love your friend Campbelle."

"Dear Sydney, I'm sorry but you can not come to my birthday party this year. Maybe I can see you at my 5th birthday party. Love you friend Campbelle."

And the letter writing went on and on and on. Oh, whoa is me.... can you feel the pity in the room!! She even told Gina this weekend that she wouldn't be able to come for her birthday, but maybe the next one?? I guess we have to work on who is family!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Dear Campbelle,

It's really too bad your mommy is so mean and won't let invite all the friends you want. Maybe if you keep asking her over and over, she'll eventually change her mind. Lots of kisses and hugs will help you get your way as well.

Love you and miss you. Hope to see you soon,

Aunt Tammy

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Campbelle,

don't listen to your missleading mother who tells you stories. Of course shall you have the greatest birthday party ever in Seattle for a 4 year old lovely princess, Farmor and farfar will be there, you know!!! and we are family.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come to your birthday? I am family, too, you know...

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home