Friday, June 15, 2007

You've GOT to be kidding me?!?!


So today we officially became renters in our current house. Closing happened today. And if you've talked to me at all in recent days, I've joked about how strange it will be to be renters in our own home for the next 40 days. I've quipped about the dish washer breaking down, spilling a cup of coffee on the carpet, or some other disasterous thing going wrong.

I shouldn't have joked!

After returning from the gym, I was about to jump in the shower this morning, when Campbelle came running into my bathroom and said that water was dropping on her head. Surely, she must be kidding. Surely, she has heard me joke about being renters and her 4 year old self developed a sense of ironic comedy. Surely, Christian was standing on her dresser spitting on her from above. No such luck.

Indeed our roof is leaking. Contractors are coming to inspect this afternoon. Leif sheepishly called our new landlords to break the news to them. I think they handled it well. Let's hope for a quieter 39 remaining days!

Damn all this Seattle rain!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

What luck! Too bad you couldn't have just "wished" the rain away for 40 days.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

WHAT??!?!?!?

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home