Monday, November 10, 2008

Seriously??!!

image0

(because the rest of the story is just too good.  Here is the whole story now – I don’t think I’ll get into any copyright trouble) 

Do you know what a server is? I bet you do.  A server is a funny looking box.  It makes friends with computers.  Big people have a server at the ‘office.’  The office is a boring place where big people go and do boring things.  Offices are why big people get grumpy and say bad words. 

But guess what?  Some servers aren’t boring.  They don’t go in office…. they go in houses!  Maybe in your house!  How does it get there?

When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much, the daddy wants to give the mommy a special gift.  So he buys a “stay-at-home” server.

Then he installs it.  It’s easy! He does it all by himself!  Now all the computers in the house are connected .  Your family can share pictures, and music, and almost anything else. 

You can even share file with people outside the house! Like Grandma and Grandpa.  Or your uncle Bill who smells like bark.  Or even…YOU!

When you’re away from your house, you can still connect to the server.  And files don’t get lost, even when bad things happen to your computers. (image an illustration of a dog pooping on the computer)  Because they’re all back up in a special place… on the server!

Do you think the server is great!  Of course you do!  But… not everyone thinks it’s great.  Some people think servers should only be in offices.   They might make fun of your home server.  And their kids might even make fun of you!  But that’s okay.  You know why? 

Because they’re just jealous!  Deep down, they wish their daddies would buy them a stay-at-home server too.  They watch the lights on your server go blinkety-blink.  Blinketey-blink.

But you have  Daddy and Mommy who love you!  And a Windows Home Server!  Does that make you happy?

I bet it does!!

 

 

I found this book on our desk at home (yes – the desk where our home server resides).  I can only assume that Leif brought it home from work – but I don’t know the details as he is traveling for a couple days.  Please, please tell me this is a joke Leif.  Otherwise, someone might want to say a quick prayer for our children so they don’t grow up completely nerdy!  :-0

 

image0-1

And now I should kindly get paid for my advertising as well!! 

6 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

That is hilarious!! Good luck with your little nerdlings. :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger Sara Wicht said...

OMG!!! Unbelievable. Does it go on to say something about the size of the server needing to be really big to hold all the grown up internet sites?? The fluency of the sentence structure is almost surreal; I'm not sure if it's the writing style or the content making it seem that way.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, does not everyone need a server in the house..!

We are getting one for sure. You are going to love it. I promise :)

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That may be the funniest thing I have ever read. Where can I get a copy for my office?

Jeff

3:00 PM  
Blogger jilldaisbrenne said...

I thought we already had a server Leif!?! crap

3:04 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I love the line:

Offices are why big people get grumpy and say bad words.

That's an instant classic!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home