Wednesday, December 16, 2009

who’s your maid??

My kids make me laugh every day.  Every single day.  Sometimes they mean to make me laugh and other times they don’t – yet I still laugh.

Today, Christian got a huge, belly, laugh until I nearly cried, laugh.  A laugh that had tears running down my face.  It was however, not the reaction he was looking for.     After being asked to clean up this huge mess he made (he made it alone mind you) about 5 times, he got all sad and weepy looking.  He nearly was crying when he began to tell me that I’ve hurt his feelings.  And it made him feel really bad when I asked him to clean up his mess. 

What?!?!  Why did that hurt your feelings? I probed.

“Because when you ask me to clean, it makes me feel like I’m your maid.  And it hurts my feelings to feel like your maid.”

 

Seriously.  I think the unit in his preschool about expressing their feelings should be over about now.

 

He’s my maid.  Yeah right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha!!! I just had a belly-laugh too!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home