Monday, March 07, 2011

Fastelavnboller

I’m happy to comply with the Scandinavian custom of eating these buns on the last Sunday before the Lenten season….. or really on any day for that matter.

IMG_5714

Liv shared an excellent recipe with me – but it’s in Norwegian and metric and I’ve already had to translate it once in my head – two times in 2 days would be too much for my brain.  So my suggestion if you want to try some – find a good dependable sweet bun recipe.  Add a hint of cardamom and anise.  Make up the recipe and once done, stuff with whipped cream.   You don’t have to wait all year to give them a try.  I think it’s also common to eat these on Tuesday – or Fat Tuesday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Farmor said...

Ser kjempegode ut, yammy!I hope the kids like them too.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks tasty

11:22 AM  
Anonymous atma said...

Hah, I didn't even know they made these outside of Sweden. Tuseday, definitely eaten on the Tuesday

7:25 AM  
Blogger Great Britain Shop Information said...

Somebody essentially assist to make significantly posts I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular put up incredible. Wonderful activity!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous rsctt said...

WoW!

http://wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home