Saturday, April 07, 2007

Movie Meme

1.Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times. Kids movies aside, I’m not real big on re-watching movies, but…..To Kill a Mockingbird...
2.Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. ---
3.Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie. Russel Crowe and Cate Blanchet - they just pick really good movies to be a part of.

4.Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie. Tom Cruise – he’s just typically not staring in my kind of movie… and he’s a bit of a whack-o.
5.Name a movie that you can and do quote from. I used to know Breakfast Club by heart – but not anymore, I might have to rewatch it.
6.Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. I loved Chicago… even bought the soundtrack. And also RENT, not necessarily from the movie (which was terrible) but from the actual Broadway musical (fantastic).

7.Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with. Most recently Annie – Campbelle and I went to the play a few weeks ago and she and I really like to belt out ‘Tomorrow’ and “It’s a Hard Knock Life”

8.Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see. For recent movies, I would agree with my sister: Little Miss Sunshine and 300 . An Inconvenient Truth for cultural and environmental reasons. Finding Neverland and Amelie for just feeling good.
9.Name a movie that you own. Kids movies aside, we really don’t own many. Sideways was a gift from my brother-in- law… I really liked that movie

10.Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. My sister said Will Smith, and that’s all I can think of right now. But I’m not all that crazy about him.
11.Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what? I have, but for the life of me can’t think of what we saw. It was with Tia and Paul Hertel on a camping trip one summer…. What was that movie?

12.Ever made out in a movie? Yes – it wasn’t the drive-in movie one though… and thankfully with my husband!

13.Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it. I’ve never actually seen The Godfather movies in their entirety. Maybe someday.
14.Ever walked out of a movie? Don’t think I ever walked out, but Gina and I were very close in the movie 8 mm. It was so sick and disturbing.
15.Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. I’ve cried at several… but can only remember Titanic right now…

16.What’s the last movie you saw in the theater? 300 – it was filmed amazingly and really quite beautiful
17.What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? I love most movies… drama, foreign, documentary, musical, action…. I’m not such a sucker for romantic comedies though and anything with Will Ferrel and Jim Carrey – no thank you.

18.What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? I remember Ghandi very young – not sure if our parents couldn’t find a babysitter or what… And I also remember Stephen King’s Christine – but I would hope that those weren’t my first ones.

19.What movie do you wish you had never seen? I’m sure there are several… but I’m notorious for either falling asleep on the couch or just getting up in going to bed if a movie is dumb… like Running with Scissors
20.What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? Grizzly Man (strange documentary about a man who thinks he’s a bear and actually ends up being killed by one…) V for Vendetta – I think because I didn’t think I would like it.

21.What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? Looking back, probably the Exorcist. Most recently, The Grudge
22.What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? I laughed at Borat - actually I laughed harder at Leif when he had to leave the room during a really ‘uncomfortable’ scene… Little Miss Sunshine – the dance routine was fantastic!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

What??? You don't like the Will's: Smith and Ferrell??

1:20 PM  
Blogger The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

I don't remember the movie we saw at the drive-in neither. It was some movie with animals, a kids one, the only one that was showing but we insisted on seeing a movie at a drive-in. I just remember Leif just amazed at what the big thing was about sunflower seeds!!

5:49 PM  
Blogger jilldaisbrenne said...

Cats and Dogs... that was the movie Tia! (just in case you wanted to rent it and watch it again)

Nope, not real crazy about those Will's ... only really like our very own Will G.

10:46 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I believe I remember hearing about the movie make-out session. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he was your husband yet. Maybe you were in a New York state of mind...

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home