Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Coming to America...

First, my apologies to Leif, I know how he feels about him. But alas, I must confess - I have a bit of a crush on David Beckham. How can you not? Just look at him. And unless you have been living in a cave the past few months - you have certainly had ample opportunities to see his lovely face (and his little spice wife) - EVERYWHERE! (They really must have the best publisists in the world).

His first game with the LA Galaxy brings in record crowds and everyone thinks that he will help build soccer in the US as a major sport - like in the rest of the world. We've chuckled over the years - after Leif had to tell me who he was- that it must kill both him and maybe moreso his wife - who are known and mobbed everywhere in the world - excpet in the US where they could have gone completely unnoticed in most major cities. It must have seemed like a huge, untapped market for them. Not anymore. They've certainly made their entrance.

I used to side with my husband - and share his disdain for the Beckhams, but I'm warming more and more to them. Maybe it's the American-way, but I've become intrigued with them.

I'd certainly buy a ticket to watch him play and I did just make a hair appointment to get a hair cut like Victoria's - but a little more 'toned-down Posh-like.'
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara Wicht said...

He is nice eye candy, and could his wife just take ONE ugly picture so that the rest of can feel better about looking like a train wreck on Fridays? I agree with you 100% LOVE THEM!

5:54 PM  
Blogger A Day In The Life.... said...

Hi Jill!! Hope all is well. I have to agree as well. He's one freakin' great looking guy. His wife on the other hand could stand to eat a couple of cheeseburgers.

9:39 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

He's a looker alright.
Post a picture of yourself with your new posh haircut.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home