Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Insanity approaching….

Seriously, this weather has made me a bit crazy.  Seriously crazy.  On Monday (after 6 days on being housebound) the kids and made up our own, new friends.

IMG_0514 IMG_0516

I spread lots of crumbled up burnt Christmas cookies in the backyard and then the kids and I would wait by the sliding glass door and watch the birds come.  And boy did they come.  We would make up stories about all the birds as they approached.  One little bird was an orphan and out finding food to take home to his brothers and sisters; another was a big fat bully and picked on all the other birds – but we knew deep down he just had self-esteem issues for being so extra large; one was a very brave and valiant bird – we called him Despereaux.  There was a set of twins – fun and flighty; and an old scrooge of a bird.

And this when on for about 2 hours.

Then Leif made me take a shower.  Get dressed in real clothes.  Do my hair and make-up.   And took me to Target. 

Snapped back from the brink of insanity.

Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home