Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday… I’m in Love #1

Fridayimin_covOk, my obsession with Facebook has got to stop.  I seriously spend too much time on that ridiculous site and have very much neglected my sweet little blog.  So to regenerate my commitment to my blog, and aspire to have at least one ‘no kid photo post, typical mommy blog update’ per week I am going to start a weekly series.  Friday …I’m in Love!  It will be my chance to share with you all the things that I currently love.  They may not necessarily be things that I own, made, or am connected to in any way (or they also might be).  I’m not really sure what you’ll find here each Friday.  But maybe it will inspire you in some way, shape or form.

And since I just thought of this great idea like 15 seconds ago.  I’m not totally prepared for this post.  So bear with me this week.  It’s bound to get better!

Things I love:

"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." 

William D. Tammeus

 

I love Tollipop.  She has the sweetest little drawings of these adorable characters; and each one has a story to share.  Take for instance Belinda (with the polkadot dress and her love of chocolate) or Mopsy Bunny and her little tribe (and unlike most Americans, she was welcome in France and had quite the escapade in Algiers).

 il_fullxfull_54153065 il_430xN_38821690

“If these pictures could talk, oh the stories they would tell”  And so they do – beautifully and with so much sweet charm. They are available for purchase on Etsy and I think that just maybe when we redo Campbelle’s room this spring – one or two of those sweet little creations might be hanging in her room.

 

 51F4VDWCECL__SS400_ Campbelle received the loveliest book for her 5th birthday from our dear friends the Hardwicks. It’s The Wizard of Oz commemorative pop up version.  It is so beautiful and precious that it sits high up on my book shelf (so as wild hands can not reach) and only comes down to be looked at under adult supervision – which I might add is the #1 most requested book in our house at the moment.  Robert Sabuda is the artist behind the book and it is truly unbelievable. The kids and adults in this house could spend countless hours mesmerized by the fine details and imaginative designs.  Ferris wheels pop to real, spinning life.  Castles grow enormous and elegant from the page. A real treasure of a book.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your idea and look forward to you updates on Fridays! And, yes, thank you for gracing us with your blogging presence again.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Great idea!!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home