Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My kids

I need to express some major gratitude I have for my two older kids.  They get along so well.  It makes my heart so happy when I see them  so kind and compassionate with each other.

If one of them gets a bit afraid during a movie – they will hold each others’ hands and comfort them. 

IMG_1035

They get so excited for each other when they receive gifts – you’d swear it was their own birthday;

IMG_7789

and they praise each other when they do something great, and really are each other’s biggest fans.

2008_0608 007

And just when I think that Campbelle’s being a bit too bossy and controlling of what they play (her choice would be to play dolls and Christian is such a good sport and usually steps in to be the dad or brother, or sometimes post man ??) I find them building a train track, playing ninja turtles or something more to Christian’s liking (and he doesn’t seem to mind if Leonardo turtle has a barbie pink skirt on at times).

Being that they are so close in age 18 1/2 months apart to be exact – I’ve often worried about how they will get along.  A few years ago I talked to one of Leif’s aunts about what she thinks is the trick to having kids that get along so well.  She has three, very close-knit kids (2 girls and a boy).  And when I first met them they were teenagers and, even at that age, was so apparent that got along amazingly.  Her advice to me was simple.  She said ‘We just never gave them the option to NOT get along.’   Simple, but makes sense. 

I really am so proud of the love they show for each other.  I hope and pray that it continues …. forever.

IMG_0238

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

You have great kids! And that is some GREAT advice!!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kjempeflotte unger, vi savner de så. Er taknemmelig for alle telefonsamtalene og WEb-møtene, da blir vi ikke så fremmede for hverandre. Ser frem til sommeren 2009 da vi kan møtes i Norge.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Sara Wicht said...

This brought tears to my eyes! Beautiful...thank you for sharing with us.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home