Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday… I’m in Love #3

Fridayimin_cov This week has lead to a fascinating discovery for me and because of that I have to preface this post just a bit for you to truly understand my turn about.  You see, I grew up with a mother who was terrified of birds.  Seriously terrified.  I remember one time shopping with her at Larry’s (our small town grocery store) when a bird flew into the store and was swooping about.  That caused my mom to have a panic attack.  I remember her grabbing us kids by the arms and frantically fleeing down the aisles to escape the store and the bird.  We never had a picture or a dish with a bird on – and heaven forbid anything made from feathers entered our house!  So I grew up having a slight, ok big, aversion to birds as well.  That is until just lately. 

Contrary to what I used to believe – I think I do in fact like birds.    Not enough to go and get one as a pet.  But I think I like photos of them, and watching them eat.  Crazy I know.  But read on…….

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’m feeling inspired and motivated to finally paint/redo our bedroom and bathroom.  They are the only rooms in our house that have not been done since moving into our house 1 1/2 years ago.   I’ve been holding out hope that we would be getting a king size bed in the near future.. but that hope sank along with the stock price – so now I’m going to make due with what I’ve got… a little paint and my creative energy.

I came across a blog that featured different paint/mural ideas and fell in love with this one.

stencilbirdwall 

And now I will paint it in my own bedroom.  Even the bird.  (Leif’s side anyway).

***********************************************************

In keeping with the bird theme this week:  I love my latest purchase of this sweet little bird bath/feeder that I found at a new, home decor store in North Bend – Birches Habitat.

IMG_0759

When we first set it up at home I didn’t have any bird feed on hand so I made my own concoction of couscous and popcorn.  And let me tell you – I don’t think the birds were digging it.  But now, we have real bird seed and are open for business.  The kids love to sit and watch them from our kitchen window.  Ok, I do too. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And I would be foolishly remiss to let this week go by with out making mention on how much I’ve loved, loved, loved this weather this week.  Too often I find myself only complaining about the weather – no matter what it is.  Too rainy.  Too cloudy.  Too warm.  Too cold.  Too sunny.  (that’s a lie – I don’t think I’ve ever complained about it being too sunny).  But from now on I'm going to praise it for what it is.  And this was an easy week to start – it was gorgeous!  Thursday was 68 degrees!  We all played outside for about 3 straight days.  From the minute they got home from school until the sun was setting (which is another thing I love – longer days) – we were outside soaking in the vitamin D and the fun. 

IMG_0765 

(The kids created their own chairs out of old plant containers and string.)

Today it seems the drizzle/rain has settled back in for what is suppose to be a long spell – but it’s ok – I have a book I’ve been meaning to finish.

################################################ ‘

"Be who you are and be that well." 

– St Fancis de Sales

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


A Thousand Words from Ted Chung on Vimeo.

I found this video and thought it had a beautiful story.  Every day so many ways to connect. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home