Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday… I’m in Love #4

Fridayimin_cov Good Friends.

I am blessed, blessed, blessed with some very dear friends in my life.  Some live close by, and some far.  Some I’ve kept since my youth – and some more recent.  But you know you have a special friendship when it just comes easy, and being together is natural and true. 

Yesterday I had a get together with my ‘original WA friends’.  The people whom helped me feel less alone when we moved out here 5 1/2 years ago.  The friends who helped me through those early parenting and pregnancy years.  The friends I’ve grown with personally, spiritually, and emotionally with over the years.  The friends who’ve seen my best and my worst.  And although time has moved us to different corners of the country (and Canada!) – getting together with these friends feels so right.  And I am so grateful for them!

IMG_0791

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“May those that love you, love you.
And those that don’t love you, may God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn’t turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles,
So we’ll know them by their limping”

:-)

================================================

Oh Nigella… no wonder the Brits love you so!

Here is a recipe of Nigella Lawson which is very well worth making. It's called Girdle Buster Pie . . . and with a name like that, how could you possibly NOT make it? This is her version of a 1950's American diner classic.  I served it yesterday for our girlfriends get together.

I've only made this recipe once, and although it's downright fabulously good, it's also slightly aesthetically challenged. It looks like a goopy wad as a matter of fact - or at least mine did. The whole trick I think is that you need a deep dish pie pan for this, and you need to not get your hopes up that the end result will look like something you'd see in the window of a French bakery. In the end, I decided to sprinkle on some chocolate shavings to cover up some of the the goopy wad.  But what it lacked in beauty it made up for in calories . . . and this is just a really good, very unpretentious, incredibly fattening, (girdle-busting in fact,) ice cream pie!

And here is the recipe! So go make this for your Valentine tomorrow!


And this recipe calls for Coffee Ice Cream – but I’m pretty sure that any flavor ice cream that would go with carmel/butterscotch gooey topping would be great.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Funny Valentine… and this adorable dress.

IMG_0788

I surprised Campbelle with this very Paris Valentine dress that I found – where else – but on Etsy.  It is so sweet and so well made – which is now why I am saving for a new sewing machine.  She was so excited to wear it to her Valentine’s party today at school.  She was up, dresses, and waiting by the door at 7:06am!!  Ready to go!

______________________________________________________________

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kjempesøt Campbelle, og så mef Eiffeltårn på!Tusen takk for flott Valentinekort. Savner dere alle.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Wow with that picture up top stef looks really short next to all her friends but I still love her! :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger jilldaisbrenne said...

Yep Megan - she is short. But you're right. We still love her!! haha

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home