Saturday, February 20, 2010

This is February 20, 2010

Don’t you love it when you have perfect weather during the weekends.  And even more, when you have perfect weather for an entire week while kids are on break. 

This was one of the nicest weeks I have ever had during the month of all my Februarys.  The kids were on mid-winter break and home all week with nothing but play and relax on our agenda.  The weather was also gorgeous all week so we spent as much time as possible outside, soaking in the vitamin D.

This Saturday morning we headed to a lovely area practically in our back yard for a little hike to see some waterfalls. 

Twin falls 003

This was such a cool moss covered tree behind Leif in the below photo.  You could scarcely see any bark it was so thickly covered.  (And shots like this that I realize that I should have a better camera and lense to really capture it)

Twin falls 004

Twin falls 010

After our hike, we found a nice, sandy beach to have a picnic lunch, read our books, throw a gazillion rocks and build sand castles.

 Twin falls 027

Twin falls 033

Twin falls 038

Twin falls 044

What a magnificent day and week.  I don’t believe that I would have traded this week at home for any vacation to any warmer climate in the world.  (check back with me during our spring break in April and I may have changed my tune.) :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Farfar said...

Thank you Jill for nice pictures and story. We love it !!!!!!!!!!!
Here we sit and look out on a very sunny white snowy winter and wish you all was here and could play with us in the snow. We miss you so!

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home