Monday, January 17, 2011

My list of 38

On my 38th birthday, I read my horoscope and it said “Invite an exciting future that delights you.”  So I sat down to make a list of 38 things I want to do this year – my 38th year – that will delight me.

I hope to get back to my blog this year (see #22) and plan to keep track of my progress of my list here.

1. Read 30 books (at least 3 of them non-fiction)

2. Travel to Ireland, France and Norway

3.  Lose 30 more pounds

4. sew something wearable

5. Knit a hat

6. Plant a vegetable garden

7. Hike Rattlesnake lake with the kids

8.  Pickle something (beans, cucumbers, beets, eggs…)

9.  Purchase a big, comfy, colorful reading chair

10. Participate in a new fundraising event

11. Beat Lynn at 1 game of Words with Friends (at least once)

12. Join a new organization that I care deeply about

13. Take a yoga class

14. Discover a new Washington town

15. Donate blood

16. Refinish new/old chairs

17. Take a cake decorating class

18. Go to three art exhibits

19. Attend a seminar of some kind

20. Use fondant icing

21. Participate in bible study class

22.  Blog more (at least once a week)

23. Plant clematis and figure out support system

24. visit Cannon Beach

25. find a poet I like and read their works

26. make handmade gifts for family

27. read my daily meditation book regularly and do the exercises

28. fill up my current journal

29. make cheese

30. Attend ballet, symphony or opera (or all three)

31. potty train Beckett

32. kayak

33. go to one music concert

34. visit/hike around mt. Rainier

35. be better about sending cards and writing letters

36. make lefse

37. volunteer some place new

38. Tell my family how much I love them – everyday

There.  I said it and it is now in print.  Feel free to hold me accountable.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes…. it’s going to be the best year yet!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Farmor said...

Bravo!

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home