Friday, August 31, 2007

At the pool

The kids and I went swimming today for maybe the last time of the season. In fact, it might be the last time at our beloved Klahanie pool. Now that we moved, we won't have access to the pools in that community. (Since we paid HO dues through the summer, I decided that we were still legal to go there for awhile.)
Christian was a super star swimmer. I just put a life jacket on him and he swam around everwhere in the big pool. He is really becoming a brave swimmer - he does things he may not like - like jump in - all the way under - he stands at the side of the pool his little legs trembling and you can nearly seem him actually summoning the courage to do it, and then he jumps in and comes up so very proud of himself. (For me, it reminds me of jumping off the high dive in Lake Eureka.)
Today we are expecting a high of 65 degrees - throughout the weekend too, school starts soon, leaves are changing colors, So, so long summer - we had fun!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

That sounds like a fun day. It makes me sad to think of summer ending. There are many things I wanted to do with the kids that I didn't get done yet...I guess there's always next summer.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ser ut til at dere hadde en kjempefin dag, her er det kjølig, høsten har kommet. Nå kl. 2315 er det 6 grader ute!Dere er kjempflinke begge to!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home