Monday, October 08, 2007

Acupuncture

816,1179683601,6

Last Thursday I did something I've never done before.... I went to an acupuncturist. The entire experience was a bit surreal and I do believe I answered the most obscure questions I've ever answered aloud to anyone in my life as she was doing my consultation. She was very curious about every aspect of my physical being as well as my spiritual life - almost like a psychic physician with needles. After about 45 minutes of questions.... Do you eat pears, if so how often? Does your home evoke calmness (ummm, did you hear the part about having a 4 and 2 year old)? Please describe in detail your bowel movements...... she finally concluded that my problems (which consist of shoulder/neck pain; heel pain) could only be the direct result of not having a gall bladder!! Blasted! I knew I was missing that damn thing. (And to think you laughed about it Kristi Strang- for shame!!) So yes, the root of my problems stem from living the past 6 years without a clear channel for my body to properly rid itself of toxins that once was the gall channel.

So she practiced the ancient 5000 year old Chinese secret that is acupuncture. And surprisingly, it worked. My gall channel feels totally clean. Ok not really, but amazingly when I was done I was totally free of the stiff knots in my neck and shoulder and my headache that I had going in there was gone.

They would have liked to sign me up for 9 more sessions, but I found out - while lying on my stomach with about 50 needles in my back, head, hands and feet that contrary to what I thought, our insurance company doesn't pay for it. Do insurance companies not understand the complications that can arise from a 'gall bladder-ectomy'? And then why don't they allow proper treatment to be covered? Can you imagine my panic (again visualize all the needles sticking in me) as I pondered how much this service was going to cost me and how I sheepishly ask while me face is buried in the head rest of the table.

Acupunture, it could have been the cure I was looking for. Damn you Blue Cross.

4 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

So glad to hear it helped you. From this day forward, I will no longer poke fun at the fact you don't have a gall bladder. And I'll quit asking if you want to play gall bladder tag, oh!, I always forget you can't play anyway. Sorry!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Too funny! It kind of makes me want to try it.

Oh, and I think the technical term would be cholecystectomy.

Just thought you might need to know...

3:03 PM  
Blogger Sara Wicht said...

"poke fun"? kj said "poke fun" did she intend the pun?

3:33 PM  
Blogger jilldaisbrenne said...

Oh, knowing how witty and clever KJ is, I'm sure she did intend it!!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home