Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Funny story....

Does anyone remember an old Eddie Murphy standup routine* where he impersonates a  little boy taunting another because of an ice-cream cone? He sings a song something like this: 'I got some ice cream I got some ice cream, and you don't got none, and you don't got none because your mom's on welfare, she's on welfare and you can't afford it...." and it goes on and on in that same insulting manner.

The other day we were at the outlet malls shopping and the kids wanted to ride on one of those little 'ride-thing-ies' but I didn't have any quarters so I told them I didn't have any money. Well today I had to return some stuff to the same mall. I told them if they were good shoppers they would get two rides. (My kids respond amazingly to bribery - nearly as good as threats). On their last ride - a convertible sports car - there was a little boy sitting on the Dumbo ride. Only he was just sitting there - it wasn't going. Christian - my little 2 year old smarty-pants- sees that the other boys ride isn't 'running' and proceeds to taunt him in what I swear was the same Eddie Murphy song (which, I swear he has never heard - truly). "You don't have any money, your mommy has no money, your pappa has no money. But my mommy's got some so I get to ride. You don't have none, so you don't. Maybe they should get a job." Needless to say his ride was cut short and a nice little lecture happened in the car seconds afterward.

I know this happened because Campbelle and Christian have really been curious about why Pappa has to work... I explain he works to earn money, buy food, clothes, make our lives more comfortable, ect... and duh, he obviously works to put them on little 'ride-thing-ies'.

 

**Please note that I do not fully condone the language used in this clip.  If you are at work, I would suggest turning your volume down - or put your headphones on.  In no way does this represent the language used in this household.  :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Ha!!!

I love it!

7:12 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Oh my gosh...that had to be one of those "Is this really MY kid moments!?!?!" I'm laughing at the story but feeling your pain.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeg lo!!Det er ikke enkelt å forklare og å bli forstått.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home