Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Leek and Asparagus Frittata

Ok, for those of you who really know me, know I  like to cook.  So in order to keep my blog from being a totally 'Mommy Blog' I've made a resolution to start more posts about other things that interest me.... one being Cooking.

So here is my first of many weekly installments of a new "What's Cooking" post.

2 tbl butter

1 cup chopped leek (white and green parts)

1 12 oz bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1 inch pieces - about 2 1/2 cups

1 cup sliced stemmed shittake mushrooms

8 large eggs

1 cup diced Fontina cheese

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Preheat broiler.  Melt butter in heavy broilerproof 10 inch skillet over medium heat.  Add leeks and saute 4 minutes.  Add asparagus and shiitake mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and saute until tender - 6 minutes.  Whisk eggs, 3/4 cup Fontina, salt and pepper in medium bowl.  Add egg mixture to skilled; fold gently to combine.  Cook until almost set.  Sprinkle remaining fontina the parmesan cheese over.  Broil until frittata is puffed and cheese begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes.  Serve.

Both Leif and I really like this frittata.  The melted fontina cheese is so so good.  The kids ate it as well, although the bribe of left over birthday cake for dessert I think helped them power through all the 'green stuff.'  

3 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

That sounds sooooooooooooo good!

5:51 PM  
Blogger The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

It does sound wonderful. I think my New Years resolution should be to hire a cook!! I just don't have time!! Would you like the position? Find me some quick, easy recipies please (30 minutes or less).

7:08 AM  
Blogger jilldaisbrenne said...

This is truly less than 30 minutes.... and sooo good.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home