Monday, December 17, 2007

For the love of books

This is one of my very favorite sights! I love to see the kids flipping through books - makes me feel good, and makes me hopeful that this love of books will be with them throughout their lives. Campbelle seems to be on the cusp of reading. She is always trying to sound out words and 'push together' the sounds each one makes. Sometimes she is very good. Today, we were working on a word "Dirty" (as in a clean pig vs a dirty pig. Try as she might, the sounds D-I-R-T-Y, just kept sounding like 'messy' instead! (sometimes the pictures get in the way!!)
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koselig bilde, vi savner dere så....

11:34 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I know what you mean, it is so great to catch them looking through books. I especially love it when they "read" to each other.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home