Saturday, June 07, 2008

Ballet-o-rama

We are in the midst of a ballet weekend at this house.  The culmination of year long ballet classes is today and tomorrow.  She has really enjoyed ballet (much more than I have - that's for sure) and was so excited to show off her skills.  And talk about being excited to wear make-up - oh lordy do I fear those teenage years (or heaven forbid any earlier).  She was in heaven!  According to the 'rules of makeup application' that was so kindly provided by the dance academy - she had to wear all types of different stuff that I didn't even own or let alone know about (a highlighter for under your brows?!? what?).  And don't get me started on the whole hair, bun thing - making one of those has been my 'Achilles heel' all year long!  But we primped, spritz and sprayed, sprayed sprayed.....

IMG_9311

...and this afternoon I got the "looking good" comment and "no need for reapplication" from her teacher Miss Katie (whom I know severely doubted my beauty talents).  Ha, I showed her!!

Ballet6

But this weekend could not be more exciting for Campbelle.  She loves to dance and really likes to perform.  She did such a great job and really looked relaxed and calm and really pretty graceful for a 5 year old!

Ballet2 Ballet1_9329

But would it make me a bad mom though if I breathed a great big sigh of relief when she told me she'd like to give soccer a try next? 

6 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

Campbelle looks beautiful....but she always does! Good job Jill -- atleast the teacher didn't have to re-do anything this time! :) Hope you all enjoy soccer!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Sara Wicht said...

Wow! I just relived Sierra's second and third year of life through this entry. Sierra danced for Stage Door of Performing Arts in MN those two years and the end of each year was this monster production that even the PARENTS had to PAY for--and it was not cheap, let me tell you! And don't get me started on the war that ensued when tickets went on sale, every mother vying for the front row in the auditorium. The make-up, the bun, the cost for the 3 costumes each year, oh lawdy!! And the same thing in my house...Sierra LOVED every minute of it. Now, she plays the piano. hehe and she does DI, which is cultish like dance studios, but oh well.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Wow - what a beauty! You look amazing, Campbelle! We wish we could have seen your recital. Maybe you can do your dance for us next weekend. Can't wait to see you!!!!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastisk!! Farmor og farfar skulle ønske at avstanden ikke var så stor, slik at vi kunne være der å se deg danse.Men det hadde gått MEGET bra ifølge din far og deg selv, dere var meget fornøyde. Så vi får kose oss med bildene, håper vi får se noen video-opptak når vi kommer over.Er glad i deg og savner deg, og gratulerer med opptredenen!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh! I know it must have been a lot of work but she looks adorable even inspite of the silly teacher.
Sydney thought Campbelle looked like a swan.

7:00 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

What a beautiful ballerina!!! We'll come watch you sometime when you ballet company travels to MN.
Aidyn said Campbelle looks 'really pretty.'
Nolan said she 'looks amazing!' I think she may have a fan!!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home