Friday, June 27, 2008

Hurray!

Today is a glorious day at our house.  I could hardly sleep last night in anticipation of this day.  I've finally convinced everyone (aka Leif) that this growing baby in my belly (although cherished and loved already) is stopping me from doing the things necessary for me to live tranquilly and in a nice state of peace with my surroundings.  Its not the baby's fault.  I take full responsibility of my neurosis. 

The great news: there is a solution.  A solution that is arriving at our door in just a few hours!  Yeah, I can hardly wait!!  She's a Molly Maid, and she's coming to bend and stretch and dust and breath in all the cleaning chemicals she wants - all the things that I haven't done very well for the past several months.  And with her, comes peace, glorious peace to this household.  No more nagging Leif to scrub the shower floor, no more bribing Campbelle to dust the mop boards with her socks, no more letting Christian run and slide down the hallway in hopes of gathering all the dust.  The lady in pink will take care of all that.

At this point we only have her scheduled for a few cleanings over the next few months and until after the baby's born.  But I can foresee a love relationship already forming - one that I may never want to end.  (But I'll have to keep you posted on that!)

3 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

I am soooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!! Good for you. And nice going Leif, this is one investment in your marriage that will yield many happy returns!

1:54 PM  
Blogger jilldaisbrenne said...

Kristi -
Maybe if you have another baby... then you can get a housecleaner too!! You should do it!!

Oh, and the cleaners just left and the house looks great. Furniture and carpet have those fantastic vacuum lines. My kids are at camp right now, but I'm thinking once they get home I might make them stay outside until bedtime so nothing gets touched or walked on!! :-)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Sara Wicht said...

congratulations!!! There's nothing like having someone ELSE to clean your house.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home