Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday… I’m in Love #5

Fridayimin_cov Well, you all know I have a little thing for Norwegians already… so when this Norwegian photographer/artist’s website happen across my browser – I was drawn in at once.  Whimsical and profound.  Take a look…….

http://www.runeguneriussen.no/index.html

And while I haven’t totally dove into the more deeper, underlying meaning of this photo… I just think it’s very cool.

Picture 004

And this one made me smile…. mostly because I know and love those little Norwegian chocolaty, marshmallowy bear candy.  But also because Christian and Campbelle know and love them too – and when I showed them this picture they both wished they could gobble up an entire row of them.

bamsemums_04

He also has a great coffee photo collection…. I think it has something to do with making sure your coffee is strong enough so you don’t see the paper clips at the bottom.  (That or something to do with vodka and coffee that Leif tried to explain – but I’m not much a fan of vodka and coffee.)

07_kaffekopp

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Making it Lovely

Love this blog.   She’s not necessarily my style – well maybe she is, but I just haven’t fully implemented it.  ??  But her blog name is Making It Lovely .  Shouldn’t it be something we all strive to do with our lives – make it lovely?  Whether it’s our relationships, our environment, or our bathroom. Making our day lovely – any way we can.

Her blog focuses on the design part of lovely…and a lot of her things are from IKEA.  Which makes the price even more lovely to me.

And come on, who wouldn’t want to curl up with a book in this hallway??

3267022677_7e957e0940

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Calm my mind and call me sleepy

Yogi Tea has some really great and unusual blends of tea.  I have several different ones that I enjoy – but none more so than my perfectly delicious nightcap.    This tea, all natural, seriously works to quiet my mind and induce a very restful nights sleep.  (It’s a good thing that Leif doesn’t drink it – someone has to get up if one of the kids wakes up!)  It has a slight licorice taste and contains the sleep promoters valerian and chamomile as well as passion flower and skullcap which reduce anxiety.

And check out Yogi’s website – you’ll find everything from their teas, to yoga tips, and recipes – and they are sending free samples of tea.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not vodka and coffee it is moonshine(hjemmebrent) and coffee.
You put a 10-øre( cent) in the bottom of the cup, fill in coffe til you can`t see the cent,then moonshine til you can see the cent again. Called KARSK in norwegian.
I liked the bears too.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home