Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ballet Girl


Finally, after waiting what she would say was a life-time, Campbelle is taking ballet lessons and her little heart could not be more excited. I have seen our little 'drama queen' excited about things in the past, but never have I witnessed her ecstatic like on the drive to her first lessons. She seriously could not contain herself. It made it all feel better to me. You see, I was regretting the decision to sign her up for this ballet class when I found out all the 'rules'. For example, no 'rip-off' ballet stuff, only authorized apparel from dance stores.... no kidding no Target!! And parents are not permitted to stay - the last lesson is the 'observation' lesson and photographs can be taken at that time.... no kidding, no photos before. And hair must be pulled back into a bun - that means using bobby pins, hair gel and whatever else it takes to hold it there .... no kidding, every week stinking week (I'm not one to muss with hair too much - this is a huge challenge for me)!! The kids are only 4 year olds for gosh sakes!! I was beginning to think these ballerinas who ran this studio were a bit too uptight - maybe stems from all the buns they've had to wear tightly in their hair all these years.

However, after seeing the pure joy on her face before and after class - I'll quietly play by their rules for the next 10 weeks. And I suppose the road to Carnegie Hall wasn't paved with flyaway hair!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

OK, that is a little TOO much.....buns every week, no Target leotards, etc? I think I would have been marching to find another ballet studio!! Your much more patient than I am. I am glad she loves it though and that IS really all that matters.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

How cute!!

But really...what's happening to our civil liberities??

11:06 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

She looks so thrilled in that picture, I love it!
I'm a little concerned about the "No Target" rule. My theory is, "If you can't buy it at Target, you don't need it." Oh well, wherever you found her little leotard, she looks adorable in it!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home