Saturday, January 26, 2008

Photography class

I've started taking a photography class to learn our new digital SLR camera and all it's functionalites a bit better. Wow, is there alot of stuff to keep track of - ISO, Apeture, White Balance, Histograms, yadda, yadda, yadda. At our first class a few weeks ago our assignment was to take a variety of pictures - not using the automatic setup, but to really challenge ourselves and learn manual settings. We had to bring in 20-30 proofs of our photos and discuss them as a class. The instructor then helped identify which were the top 3 photos of our collection. And these were my winners:
To be honest, I think it helps to have some adorable subjects to capture... probably more than any of my skills that I'm aquiring!

For next class, we have to bring these top prints enlarged to 8x10s. I'm excited about hanging the crayon one in the kids' space.

Look out Annie Lebowitz... here I come National Geographic -- there's a new photographer coming to town!! :-) haha
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Awesome pictures!! Those pictures of the kids are so sweet. You are already a great photographer!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Sara Wicht said...

I love the crayons!

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jill. I'm very impressed and look forward to see your next creations in the blog. I agree the you have the most wonderful objects in the world

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kjempeflotte bilder! Dette kan du Jill! Enig i at du har de mest fantastiske modeller i verden, var så hyggelig å snakke med de i går.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I love them all!!

Teach me...teach me...

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the one of Campbelle.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home