Friday, September 12, 2008

Backyard Landscaping Project - Phase 1

So we started implementing our landscape plans in the backyard and got a big chunk of the work and plants put in.  I have some more plants to put in this spring and next fall, but I'm so happy with all we've done so far.

Take a look. 

Before:  (we had already rounded out the corners by removing some of the grass).

IMG_9917 

IMG_9919

After:

IMG_9951

I've got two of my favorite trees in the backyard.  The top photo is a Magnolia tree in the corner.  They produce the most gorgeous, big white, creamy flowers in the spring/summer.  The bottom photo has two Coral Bark Maples in the corner.  Their bark turns the brightest shade of coral you could image in the fall and last all winter long.  I'll take a photo and post it later... it is so beautiful and will be great winter color.

IMG_9952

These are called dwarf Burning Bush and should turn bright red in a few weeks.  

IMG_9961

So Phase 1 is complete and I'm already looking forward to Spring Edition Phase 2!!    Wow, who knew that I'd enjoy gardening so much; especially after all those years of complaining while I was growing up!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work, Leif and assistants?! It had been nice to give you a helping hand. So leave something for me next visit.

3:05 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Hey, looks good! I look forward to seeing more pictures as things change color.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home