Sunday, October 25, 2009

Getting ready….

Seems Halloween week is here ….. we kicked off the fun with an afternoon at the Mt Si Community Center Halloween party on Saturday.

But prior to getting there was a bit of drama at our house.

1st.  Christian was going to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle.  At least that was my understanding when I bid on a costume on eBay for him (with him standing right beside you cheering my winning bid).  I thought he was excited about it.  At least that was my understanding.  But come Saturday afternoon and time to get dressed, I realized there had been a miscommunication.  Tears ensued – and after a bit of uncharacteristic drama from child #2 – he thankfully agreed to don his karate costume from last year.  Anyone need a last minute turtle costume?  Cheap.  Send email inquiries to me.

2nd.  Campbelle asked me a few weeks ago if it’d be ok if she was a chef again this year.  “ABSOLUTELY” I shouted – pleased with the thought of not having to buy another costume for her this year.  (Had I known about the turtle issue – it’d really had been a cheap year for us).   She decided that this year she was going to be a French Soup Chef – not to be confused with her character of last year – the French Baker.  Duh people! I drew on a pencil thin French moustache on her face –  and upon inspecting it in the mirror she came to near hysterics over it.  The make-up came off quickly and the idea of a boy French Soup Chef was scrapped.

3rd.  Beckett was extremely bothered by the flour that had been sprinkled on Campbelle’s face.  (ah, flour for a girl French Soup Chef is not all that baffling – and please don’t confuse her with a French Baker!!) Anyway, Beckett cried in horror at it.  Truly, would shriek in terror every time he looked at her.  You’d swear it had been blood.  Or maybe it had something to do with his Elvis shirt.  (onsie courtesy of his father and his business trip to Vegas)

halloween 003 

We eventually made it to the party with our good buddies Rory and Riley.  The kids had a blast and anxiously await more Halloween fun this week.

DSC_0655

1 Comments:

Anonymous Farmor said...

Nice kids, Beckett?? I was laughing and think I could hear them all the way from Seattle.Have a nice Halloween.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home