Thursday, November 05, 2009

Tearing down walls

I’ve given up on trying to keep this house clean. I’m at the brink and just don’t care anymore.  In fact,  I’ve decided to let the kids write on the walls.

Fall 2009 008

Ok – not really.  But ever since we built the house two years ago, I’ve hated this half wall in between our formal living room and dining room.  I even asked the builders to omit the wall, but there were unable to break from the specific floor plan that we selected.  (Dumb – believe me I know!)   I was never able to expand my table all the way and it felt too cramped whenever there were more than just the 5 of us eating in there.   So finally, after all my complaining about it, we hired a friend to get rid of it for us.  He did a great job and I’m amazed at how much it has/yet hasn’t changed that area.  (Does that make sense?!?)

Here’s a before photo:

IMG_0064

And after:

wall 005

I can hardly wait to throw the biggest dinner party and just expand our table all the way open and have all this comfortable space.  Thanksgiving …. anyone want to join us?  We’ll have plenty of room!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

The rooms look great Jill! How irritating that the builder could not omit the wall. That is so ridiculous! Enjoy your new spaces.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous farfar said...

Great, I love to test it at the Thanksgiving party. See you soon.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home