Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Greek Fish Florentine

We eat a lot of tilapia in this house.  One of only a few fish we eat – that an salmon.  I should have added ‘try a new fish’ to my 38 Bucket list – but I’m a bit scared.  

Tilapia however, is mild and easy fish.  And I have a few go to recipes that I always seem to make with tilapia.  Now I’ve got one more.

From Clean Eating magazine.  (I didn’t include measurements – as I just guessed and used what I had on hand)

tilapia fillets

grape tomatoes

1 clove garlic

1 tbls Italian parsley

lemon juice

2 shallots, diced

olive oil

baby spinach

feta cheese (how ever much you feel – for a bag of spinach 12 oz, I used about 1/2 cup)

 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place fillets and tomatoes in glass baking dish.  Sprinkle garlic, parsley, and lemon juice over the top.  Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes (until fish is opaque and flakes easily).

In medium skillet , sauté shallots in oil for 1 minute.  Add spinach, cooking until wilted, about 5 minutes.  Stir in feta and heat until melted and event distributed.

Serve tilapia on top of spinach mixture, finishing with baked tomatoes.

(Nutrients:  1 fillet and 1 cup spinach mixture:  Calories 311 . Fat 11 ,Carbs 20. Fiber 2; Protein 36g)

 

So yummy, so easy and so good for you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home