Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Big, Big Day


Campbelle got her very own library card today. I told her that when she was able to memorize her phone number and our address that I would take her to get her own card. That kid has worked like crazy memorizing and practice writing all the information... it has been her 'homework' as she loving refers to it. And today was the day -- we went to the library and she asked the librarian for the form and she filled out all the information (I only had to clarify a few numbers for the librarian) and she picked out her card. She checked out 4 books and used it to login to the library computer so she could play games. Now she is very concerned about remembering when they are due back - she'd hate to get a bad record. :-) You'd swear the card was gold. She has been so protective and careful with it- I wouldn't doubt if she had it safetly tucked under her pillow tonight. When did my little girl get so grown-up?? First her own library card, soon school, next thing she'll be moving out on her own..... Which she's already told me I could come visit her anytime I wanted, "Or better yet," she said, "You could just have another baby when I move out than you'd have someone else to hug and kiss all day." Oh lordy!!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gratulerer!!! DEt vae flink jente det! Er det til oss du skal flytte?

1:07 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

A child that excited about getting a library card could only be a child of Jill's! I love it!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Sara Wicht said...

AHHH!!! How sweet. The library card is such a symbol of growing up. I remember Sierra was able to get her own when she could sign her name. It was a monumental day in our house too. And way to promote reading MOM!!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home