Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blueberry Cake


I had my girlfriends over for a playdate and lunch on Tuesday to celebrate my friend Stefanie's birthday. For dessert I made a blueberry cake that comes from my mother-in-law Liv. It was shared with me in Norwegian, so I'll do my best to translate it here. I don't know the conversion to metric measurements, but check your measuring cups - I'm sure you'll find deciliters printed somewhere.

This is easy easy easy. Trust me. I mean it!

4 egg whites
3 dl sugar
1 dl flour
3 dl heavy whipping cream
2 containers blueberries - frozen (about 4 dl)
chocolate syrup - for garnish

Set oven to 350 degrees. Whisk egg whites until stiff - adding sugar slowly while mixing. Fold in flour gently but until thoroughly mixed.Line a 11x14 baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the meringue mixture over the paper so it is evenly distributed. (You'll be rolling this after it's baked, so make sure it’s a nice shape.)

Bake for 15-17 minutes.

Meanwhile, whip cream and a bit of sugar until good consistency. Take cake out and let cool for just a few minutes. Transfer to another piece of parchment paper. Spread the cream over the top of the meringue and sprinkle with the frozen blueberries.

While the meringue is still pliable, begin to roll at one end to create a cylinder.
Wrap in foil and freeze for a few hours.

To serve, take the cake out of freezer about 1 hour before serving and drizzle something fancy on the plate with the chocolate and/or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Enjoy.

Trust me, you'll thank me once you make this! It is sooooo good.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

It was sooooo good! Thanks again for making it and for the great party/playdate. I had a terrific birthday! THANKS!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home