Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine's Cake

This weekend we went to the local grocery store for another cake decorating event.  It has been good practice for Campbelle's decorating abilities and even better practice for me in refraining myself from 'fixing' some of the frosting issues I see.  Maybe it's the compulsive side of me, or some type of perfectionist quality thing I have going on - but it takes nearly every bit of strength to not help her fix the big lumps and get the cake evenly smoothed. 

In the end, she frosted and decorated it entirely herself.  And even though I had to 'bit my lip' a bit - I was glad I did when I saw her expression when she was all finished.   A masterpiece indeed.

IMG_8804 

It tasted like a masterpiece as well.... plate licking going on and everything.  And truth be told, my serving happen to come from the place that had an extra big lump of frosting on it - and I certainly didn't complain!!

IMG_8808

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nam, nam. dette så godt ut. Synd at avstanden er så stor at vi ikke kan smake. Ha en hyggelig Valentine dag!

1:03 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Beautiful cake Campbelle! You are a very talented cake decorator, maybe you can make your own wedding cake someday.
Jill, I understand your urge to intervene. I too, feel that on a regular basis.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Nice job Campbelle! Can I hire you for our next birthday party?

8:58 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

how cute! found you through tammy's blog! :)

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home