Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday…. I’m in Love #6

When Beckett was born, Fridayimin_cov I received a baby gift for him from a friend of mine and at first – I didn’t really know what to do with it.  But in the following months have grown very fond of it…. they are Baby Legs.

They’re like little baby-size leg warmers that were originally created by a stay at home mom who invented something to keep her baby’s legs warm while airing out her baby’s bottom to clear up diaper rash.  And having just spent the last few weeks doing the same for little Beck’s bum…. they worked perfectly. 

But their use is far more reaching than just that.  And fashionable too.

New_t Academy_t Seasonal_t

And with these on… a baby’s flexibility is all the more amazing. :-)

IMG_0708

A great, fun gift idea for any expecting mom.

***************************************************************

Campbelle has recently discovered her 3rd wiggly tooth.  She has a bit of a love/hate relationship with losing her teeth.  As much as she hates the process (and cries, and whines, and terrorizes over it) she really does sort of like losing one, because: A. it makes her feel older and more mature; B. Christian is fascinated with her and her tooth and will constantly ask to look in her mouth – which makes her feel … well refer to #A; C. The tooth fairy dumps a whole bunch of change in the glass of water beside her bed.  And any kid under 7 knows that getting 36 coins (of any shape, size, color) is far better than something from paper!)   So when I came across yet another cool Etsy shop (have I mentioned my addiction to that site? ) I totally fell in love with the Tooth Fairy Cushions.  Unfortunately, at $35 a pop - I will love them from the web and again wish to be more crafty so as I can create my own. 

But aren’t they adorable?

il_430xN_51767970

And what may be even more adorable, is the note that goes along with it.

il_430xN_53309702

And don’t think for a minute that I haven’t already been re-fabricating the note, at the very least, to use when Campbelle’s next tooth falls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny thing… I always take yearly photos of the kids at JCPenny and during their first year, I take pictures every 3 months…. I’m diligent about it and have carried the tradition with Beckett as well.  But here’s the funny part, I don’t think I’ve ever hung those pictures.  At least not since Christian was born.  And it’s not that they didn’t turn out, or anything, but simply, I guess, because I prefer the candid, black and white photos that I have in the hallway, and the JCPenny ones (and now Campbelle’s school picture) just didn’t ‘flow’ the same.

IMG_0877 

But now, I can proudly say, I’ve finally hung the kids pictures in the loft and I love how it looks.  And I love how it just so happens that they all have ‘head shots’ at the moment (that is until Beckett’s 9 months – then who knows).  Cute.

IMG_0875

(And Kelly – remember Uncle Scrooge??  doesn’t he look real – like he’d just walk right on over to you?  haha)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home