Monday, November 12, 2007

Nothing....

It's been a long time since I last posted... almost 2 weeks.  The reason for that is very plain and simple - we've had absolutely nothing going on.  Boring.  But I'll share an insight into our conversation that we had today at lunch.  We talked about being grateful and giving thanks for everything we have in our lives.  (It's the topic of conversation at school tomorrow for the kids and I'd thought I'd 'prep' them a bit.)

 

"Christian, what are you thankful for?"

He responds, "I'm thankful for my pappa and mom and Campbelle."


"Oh sweetheart, that's nice.  I'm thankful for you too.  But why are you thankful for us?"

"Because you love me and Campbelle plays with me," in that sweet little to die for voice of his.

Campbelle and I exclaim in unison "Awe, that's so sweet.  We love you little man."

Campbelle's turn.  Surely she will come up with something equally as heartwarming and endearing.  She is 1 1/2 years older than him and a bit more wisdom under her belt.

"Campbelle, what are you thankful for?"  She continues to eat her lunch.  I ask again, "Campbelle, what are you thankful for?"  She looks deep in contemplation of her answer.  This is going to be good and sweet.  Right?

She finally gets around to swallowing her bite, washes it down with her glass of milk and exclaims, "Yeah, I'm really just thankful for bunnies."

"Oh, really?  Just bunnies?  Well, please tell us why are you thankful for bunnies?"

"They are really just so furry, " she says with a giggle,  and proceeds to chomp on her sandwich while Christian and I both stare at her in amazement.

Did a warped age-reversal thing just occur here?

And so much for my prep work I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

That's a classic. In her defense, bunnies are really great. They are so cute!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home